Because we cannot escape the constant presence of the “selfie”, having a great smile is key to looking your best. Unfortunately, most of us do not have the whitest teeth possible. This is likely due to some type of lifestyle choices we are making, both good or bad. Bad habits like smoking are obviously hurting the shade of your teeth but taking certain prescriptions can also cause some coloration damage. The good news is that we can do something about brightening our smile, from basic dietary changes to a professional treatment session. Simple changes to our lifestyle can not only improve our dental health, but our overall health as well.
In this chapter, Dr. Larry Rosenthal shows us some tips to keeping our smiles as bright as we can. We present “Doctor Larry’s Guide to Whitening”…
- Use a straw when drinking dark-colored, carbonated, or acidic beverages
- Eat detergent foods high in roughage that stimulate saliva flow
- Brush after every meal with a soft toothbrush or electric toothbrush
- Cut out sugary beverages or limit them to mealtime
- Floss daily or use an oral irrigator
- Use toothpastes and mouthwashes with fluoride whitening agents
- Change your toothbrush every month or two, tops
- Get your teeth professionally whitened no more than once a year
- Ask your dentist about using home whitening products between professional sessions
- Use bleaching agents in moderation
To learn more about a visual guide to the smile, get your copy of Open Wider from Amazon.com today!
If you are interested in dental college courses, contact Aesthetic Advantage at 212-794-3552 to register today! Or visit www.aestheticadvantage.com for additional information.
Aesthetic Advantage proudly serves New York, Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, Pennsylvania, Boston, Rhode Island, California, South Carolina, North Carolina and all surrounding areas.